Tuesday 11 October 2016

Progress happening

August, September, have been amazing months spent with family after the wonderful arrival of our Grandson Emmett.
Only small snippets of time have been able to be taken for my new project Laying Bare. However I am making slow and steady progress. To date I have received over 146 responses from women participating in the project, my aim is for around 250. The work is developing and starting to take on a life of its own.My question was :" What expectation or fear do you feel burdened by"?. It is personal, anonymous and will hopefully give women a voice. I am hoping acknowledgment and awareness of these burdens may help us release them and also realise we are not alone in these feelings.
 If you would like to participate please contact me.
I was very fortunate to spend the day in Sydney and got to see the  2016 Archibald Prize, Wynne and Sulman prizes and the Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera exhibition from the Jacques and Natasha Gelman Collection. After studying Frida for many years it was a fabulous experience to see some of the works up close.

No comments:

Post a Comment