Friday 1 September 2017

Coming Together

Many months have passed and finally my current work is at a stage where I am starting to put it together. Lots of casting, layering of paper, experimenting has taken place. Armature has been welded and structurally, it is ready to go.
                                               I used 8ml x 75ml bolts and some washers

                         Lots of casting of all parts of the body. 2 part molds front and back.
                                                        A messy job but good outcome.

                                                     Plaster needs to dry for a few days.
                                   Shellac is placed in the molds to act as the release for the paper.
                                                          3 coats of shellac is necessary
                             Lots of experimenting has taken place with the hexagonal shapes.
Lots of things I have tried have not worked. What I thought would be perfect was terrible. Somethings I have decided on are the wax dip and using jump rings.

No comments:

Post a Comment