Saturday 7 July 2018

Lots of learning

It has been a few months since I have been able to update you on my learning journey. The time gets away so quickly. I have been learning lots of new skills and was fortunate to attend Paper Secrets  A Hanji  making workshop with New York Artist Aimee Lee in Burnie Creative Paper Tasmania. It was a truly inspiring workshop and I learnt lots of new skills. Aimee was very generous with sharing lots of tips and advice. I met lots of other fabulous women with a passion for paper. I also got to see Paper on Skin a truly incredible array of outstanding work, and our own Svenja from Qld taking out first prize.







I had never travelled around Tasmania before and was really taken back by the overwhelming beauty everywhere. It was truly inspiring and we will be returning. We got to see many beautiful places and loved every moment. Hiking at Cradle mountain was a little cold at -4 but very worth it, as we were fortunate to have snow on the mountain. Had a wonderful visit to Mona.


Also tried my hand at a new skill with wood


Attended a workshop by Carol Russell at  Artisan,  King Street Bowen Hills. Carol was absolutely wonderful and I truly loved all I learnt and am keen to add to my skills with lots of practice. It has been a busy and rewarding few months. I am off to Glen Innes for my next project working with some country women next weekend. Looking forward to showing you as it develops.

No comments:

Post a Comment