Sunday 23 September 2018

Next stage

Friday /Saturday was spent working under the guidance of Dion Channer at his studio and paper mill.
Not only is he a master papermaker with 30yrs experience but a wonderful man. He kindly shared his time, experience, knowledge and paper making equipment allowing me to produce the paper I needed for my current project. I took the fibre cooked, then gave it a hand beat and then into Dion's Hollander beater. Then onto the vacuum table. I cannot thank Dion enough and his assistant Angelina for all their help and support. It was truly appreciated.
Hollander beater
Measuring the sizes of my pieces
Applying the beaten fibre
Putting the fibre directly into the prepared mould. This is a totally new experience for me as I normally  place it dry.

Vacuum table
Looking weary, job completed

No comments:

Post a Comment