Friday 21 March 2014

Lasting messages from 'Women Afoot" 22/3/14 Moving forward.

If you were unable to make it to the exhibition I have placed a few pictures below. Just my snapshots of some of  the other works.



This was a sepia  photographic work of the process 



Some of the women had given me their message in handwriting and this was used
to hand embroider their messages on linen.


This was a generational sharing of messages
The left, was my Grandmothers 75yr old silk wedding dress
and the right ,one of my dresses and the messages she shared with me
linked by thread.


During the time I shared with the women after each session, I would write down a word that related
to our conversation something that had resonated with me.
These words were compiled into a wall work.


This was a history work. Women of the past who
shared messages of compassion, and incredible support of women and children.
paving the way today.


This message was sewn on to a petticoat in thread

"Trust your instincts
and trust your body
life may be busy
but your life
 is far more important."
Thank you Emma for this wonderful message.

 Each week I will display some of the amazing messages that were shared by 105 Queensland women , they share their thoughts and experiences at this moment in time, this point in their personal and our collective history. At the exhibition the voices of the women were listened to. It has truly been a privilege for me to play a part in bringing together over 105 amazing women, generously giving of their very valuable time to come and stand in support of other women, all women, women they have never met, wanting to make a difference.

Message 1.
"Make a list of everything that brings you joy. Keep it close, read it often."
Shared by Svetlana




No comments:

Post a Comment